Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Thanks are in order

I was musing about being a lifelong learner and all of the new things I have learned just since starting this program, and just wanted to state that I am so very grateful for this opportunity. Spring Branch ISD - you rock!!!!!! The purpose of being a librarian, I always thought, was to disseminate knowledge, and I am very thankful to all of the librarians I have known in my lifetime, even as a gradeschool student, and all that I have learned from them, even to this day. Some have been so generous with their knowledge, sharing journals and teaching me whatever I asked to know about. Unfortunately, there are exceptions, who regard ALA as a group like the Masons, and if you don't know "the secret handshake", you won't learn anything from them, but this has been the rare exception. I think that anything that helps the kids and feeds their desire for lifelong learning is a good thing, regardless of where and who it comes from, so increasing the knowledge of all library personnel increases the students' knowledge as well. And I am so glad that Spring Branch ISD feels the same way - you guys are the cream of the crop in Professional Learning Communities!!

1 comment:

  1. we are only doing ourselves a favor...and therefore, our students one too...a bigger community means more helping hands, more creative minds...and a heck of a lot more fun!

    we are very glad you came to play!

    ReplyDelete