Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Thing #8

Wow, talk about information overload and having your head explode! All of the information about RSS readers was exciting and helpful and opened up whole new avenues of lifelong learning. I created a Google Reader account, and installed five sites, and immediately began reading about all sorts of interesting library and book related issues. This is going to be so much better than searching all over for information. I of course like the time saver issue and not needing to sort through all of the "junk" on websites to get to what I want to read. Personally, I plan to use it to get myself up to speed during my 30 minute lunch breaks at work. In the library it would be so useful to help teachers get linked up to information for their projects and special interests. We don't have much student time at the computers that isn't related to TAKS preparation, but this could be a real shortcut for them in lots of areas, if it is prescreened for content.

1 comment:

  1. I think that is sad that students don't get to be on the computers much unless it is related to TAKS. That definitely takes the fun and power out of what a computer do for education.

    ReplyDelete