Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Thing #23

1. What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?

I really enjoyed learning about Flikr (although Photobucket seems to me to be easier to use), and Googledocs (there are several in there that I expect to use regularly). I knew a little about Wikis and now feel much more comfortable about using them. But my favorite was Podcasts - they intimidated me and I never even attempted them before, and now I see how silly that was and hope (if I can get our technology to cooperate) to make use of them for book talks at our school.

2. How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?

It was like a super condensed college course - learned so many new things it made my head spin from everything roiling around in there. It made me feel good about myself and the time spent this summer learning new things, and I feel I will be a lot more interesting and au courant talking to my grandchildren and students. It has inspired me to become more technologically savvy and try to keep up with all the fast paced changes.

3. Were there any take-aways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?

I must say the inclusion of Avatars surprised me - I thought they were for the gamer group of people and never really thought of them in any relationship to teaching or libraries.

4. What could be do differently to improve upon this program's format or concept?

Firstly, I think it is wonderful and don't have any criticism at all. As an older learner with less than the most up to date equipment, it was a little frustrating when things wouldn't load as they were supposed to and videos couldn't be viewed on your site - more troubleshooting help might be nice.

5. If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate?

In a New York minute!

6. How would you describe your learning experience in ONE WORD or in ONE SENTENCE, so we could use your words to promote 23 Things learning activities?

It opened up a whole new world of learning possibilities and energized and excited me about the upcoming school year.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on completing your 23 things in record time! I can understand your feeling of accomplishment because you have covered a lot of new ground! Have you had the opportunity to view and comment on some of your classmate's blogs? I'm sure you could offer them a word of encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to go through the "things" more quickly than I would have liked to, because I had to do it at school - don't have the internet at home. I plan to revisit them all again and try to become more proficient. Hopefully some of the things which wouldn't load on my poor old computer will work when I am able to move to a newer computer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm on Thing #12 and chose your blog as one of the five I will comment on. First of all, the pinkness everywhere really caught my eye. I love it! The name, Library Larks, attracted me before I even opened up the blog. Then when I read your definition of a lark and your reason for choosing that name, I liked it even more. And finally, I am so impressed that you have already completed the 23 Things! I'm working hard but it takes a lot of time. However, I am determined to finish because I am learning more than I ever dreamed I would. Congrats on finishing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on completing your adventure at the playground!
    hope you will continue to share your expereinces with us thru this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on finishing your 23 Things! I am posting for Thing 12. You had some interesting comments and I wanted to say that I also loved Flikr and the tools to use with it. I can see really using the images as I create lessons for my classes next year. I have also been intimidated by podcasts and look forward to becoming more comfortable with them.

    ReplyDelete